CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Strawberries- Coming Soon- Hopefully


For Mother's Day Halleelujah got me a Topsy Turvy Strawberry Planter. I was really excited, I loved the idea of growing my own strawberries. In the summer strawberries are something we have on hand all the time.
We had a hard time finding strawberry plants that did not cost a fortune since you need about 16 plants to fill the planter. Hubby finally found some a the flea market. So last weekend I finally got them planted.
The planter is super heavy I was a little worried it would pull the hook out, but so far so good. So, I am hoping to take strawberries from this planter and by using this
make.......
this.

How fun would that be?  I will keep you posted on  my progress.
Let me know if you have any tips or tricks to share.

2 comments:

  1. We have a great strawberry bed this year, we already have tons of green strawberries. I just wanted to let you know I gave you an award on my blog

    http://4girlsandcounting.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be planting your own strawberry and picking them to make jam?

    P/S: By the way, I am having a giveaway so come by and enter for a chance to win a $65 gift cert towards a designer pillow of your choice, if you like!

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2012/06/giveaway-65-gift-certificate-by-pillows.html

    Happy weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete